Workplace injuries can be both physically and emotionally taxing. Amidst the pain and stress, you might be wondering, “Can I hire a lawyer for my work injury?” The answer is a resounding yes, and in many cases, it’s a wise decision. This blog post will delve into the reasons why hiring an attorney for your workplace injury can be beneficial and the steps to do so.
Why Consider Hiring a Lawyer?
Expertise: Workers’ compensation laws can be complex. An experienced attorney can navigate the legal intricacies, ensuring you get the compensation you deserve.
Negotiation Skills: Insurance companies often aim to minimize payouts. A lawyer can negotiate on your behalf, ensuring fair treatment.
Peace of Mind: With a legal expert by your side, you can focus on recovery, knowing your case is in capable hands.
When Should You Hire a Lawyer?
- Severe Injuries: If your injury requires surgery, extensive medical treatment, or results in permanent disability, an attorney can help maximize your benefits.
- Disputed Claims: If your employer or their insurance company denies your claim, a lawyer can help challenge the decision.
- Potential Third-Party Claims: If someone other than your employer contributed to your injury (e.g., a faulty equipment manufacturer), an attorney can help you file a third-party lawsuit.
What Can You Expect After Hiring?
Case Evaluation: Your attorney will review all details of your case, gather necessary documents, and outline a strategy.
Negotiations: Before heading to court, your lawyer will likely try to negotiate a settlement with the opposing party.
Legal Proceedings: If negotiations don’t yield a satisfactory result, your attorney will represent you in court proceedings.
- Contingency Fee Basis: Many work injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay if you win the case. The fee is typically a percentage of your compensation.
- Transparency: Ensure your attorney is upfront about all costs, including potential court fees or other expenses.
Do You Need a New Jersey Work Injury Lawyer?
Navigating the path to workers’ compensation benefits or initiating an injury claim might appear simple, but tackling it solo can be daunting. Why journey alone when you can have a dedicated ally championing for your rights? At Peter Michael Law, LLC Attorney at Law, our commitment is unwavering in supporting clients across New Jersey in their workers’ compensation endeavors. With our rich history and vast resources, we’re poised to help you achieve a just outcome. Reach out to our New Jersey workplace injury attorneys now.