new jersey CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT lawyer
Construction accidents can occur suddenly and unexpectedly, leaving workers and their families scared and confused. Such a tragic event can be challenging for families to bear when the injury is particularly severe or, worse, fatal. For those affected by a construction accident, understanding their rights is vital to help bring justice to the situation. Whether it is through worker’s compensation, legal action against the responsible party, or related courses of action- being entitled to these types of resources is one way for an injured worker or the family of an injured worker to begin dealing with the repercussions of such an incident. It may not always be easy to know what steps need to be taken in such a chaotic and emotionally overwhelming moment. Still, there are always options available that could provide a sense of comfort and security.
Common Types of construction accident in new jersey
- Falls from heights: Workers may fall from scaffolding, ladders, or other heights while working on a construction site.
- Equipment failure: Workers may be injured by malfunctioning equipment such as cranes, forklifts, or power tools.
- Vehicle accidents: Workers may be hit by construction vehicles such as trucks or excavators.
- Electrocution: Workers may be injured by electrical hazards, such as live wires or equipment that is not adequately grounded.
- Explosions: Workers may be injured by gas leaks, chemical spills, or other types of explosions on a construction site.
- Structural collapse: Workers may be injured or killed if a building or other structure collapses while under construction.
- Unsafe working conditions: Workers may be injured by hazardous conditions such as poor lighting, slippery surfaces, or exposure to toxic materials.
Peter Michael Law, a New Jersey construction accident law Firm, is here for you
A New Jersey construction accident lawyer Peter Michael can help you in several ways if you have been injured in a construction accident. Some of the ways a construction accident lawyer can help you include:
Investigating the accident: A construction accident lawyer can thoroughly investigate the accident to determine the cause and who may be liable. They can gather evidence such as photographs, witness statements, and accident reports, and can also hire experts if necessary to help establish liability.
Helping you understand your legal rights: A construction accident lawyer can explain the laws and regulations that apply to your case and help you understand your rights as an injured worker.
Filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits: A construction accident lawyer can help you file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits, which can provide you with financial assistance for medical expenses and lost wages while you are unable to work.
Negotiating a settlement: A construction accident lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company or the responsible party to reach a settlement that provides you with fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Representing you in court: If a settlement cannot be reached, a construction accident lawyer can represent you in court and fight for your rights to fair compensation.
Helping you to navigate through the complex legal system: A construction accident lawyer has the knowledge and experience to navigate through the legal system and help you to understand the process
Identifying all the parties responsible for the accident: A construction accident lawyer can help you identify all the parties responsible for the accident, not just the employer, and can pursue them for compensation
Hiring a New Jersey construction accident lawyer can give you the peace of mind that your legal rights are protected and that you are receiving the best possible representation.