When you have been involved in an accident with NJ Transit, it can be a difficult process to navigate the complexities of both legalities and the demands of the insurance companies. That is why it is so important to have an experienced NJ Transit Lawyer Peter Michael who knows how best to proceed with navigating litigation against these entities. Attorney Peter Michael understands applicable laws for suing a government-sponsored agency and how to advocate for their clients aggressively. New Jersey Transit Accident Lawyer Peter Michael will provide thorough knowledge on how best to approach these cases, prep for court hearings, and work out a fair and just settlement.
Peter Michael Law a New Jersey Truck Accident Lawyer is here to help
There are several common causes of NJ Transit accidents, including:
- Driver error: This includes things like speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Mechanical failure: This can include issues with the bus or train itself, such as brake failure or faulty equipment.
- Poor maintenance: Inadequate maintenance of the vehicles and infrastructure can lead to accidents.
- Inclement weather: Adverse weather conditions, such as snow, ice, or heavy rain, can make it difficult for drivers to control their vehicles and can contribute to accidents.
- Human error: This can include problems with signaling systems, communication errors, or other issues that are caused by human error.
- Fatigue: Long working hours, lack of adequate rest, and pressure to meet schedules can lead to driver fatigue and accidents.
- Reckless or negligent behavior of other road users: This can include things like ignoring traffic signals or not yielding the right of way.
- Poor infrastructure : Poorly designed roads, poor lighting, and other infrastructure problems can contribute to accidents.
It’s important to note that New Jersey transit accidents can have complex causes and a thorough investigation is necessary to identify the cause of any specific accident.
NEW JERSEY TRANSPORTATION ACCIDENTS
There are several types of transportation accidents that can occur in New Jersey, including:
NJ Transit Bus accidents: These can involve city buses, school buses, or tour buses and can occur as a result of driver error, poor maintenance, or hazardous road conditions.
NJ Transit Train accidents: These can involve commuter trains, light rail, or freight trains and can be caused by issues with the train itself, human error, or issues with the tracks or signaling systems.
NJ Transit Airplane accidents: These can occur at airports or during flights and can be caused by issues with the airplane, human error, or weather conditions.
NJ Transit Ferry accidents: These can occur on ferries that transport passengers and vehicles across bodies of water and can be caused by issues with the ferry, human error, or weather conditions.
NJ Transit Truck accidents: These can involve tractor-trailers, delivery trucks, or other commercial vehicles and can be caused by driver error, poor maintenance, or hazardous road conditions.
NJ Transit Motorcycle accidents: These accidents occur when a motorcycle collides with another vehicle or object, often caused by negligence of the other driver or road hazards.
NJ Transit Bicycle accidents: These can occur when a bicyclist collides with a car, truck, or other vehicle, or when a cyclist is injured by a poorly maintained road.
NJ Transit Pedestrian Accidents: these accidents happen when a pedestrian is hit by a car, truck, or other vehicles, or when a pedestrian is injured by a poorly maintained road.
NJ TRANSIT AND PATH CLAIMS for STATUTE OF LIMITATION
In New Jersey for any rail-accident based claim, the Statute of Limitations is short and strict. Claims against NJ Transit and Path must be made within 90 days from the incident in order to preserve the injured party’s rights. It is important to contact a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer Peter Michael soon after the accident so they can review all aspects of the case, investigate all sources of evidence, and obtain expert assistance. By doing this, injured parties will have their best chance at having a successful outcome when filing a statute of limitation claim against NJ Transit or Path.
NJ TRANSIT AND PATH CLAIMS for STATUTE OF LIMITATION
NJ Transit – Public transportation accidents in New Jersey can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be serious and long-lasting. Some common injuries that can occur in public transportation accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: These can occur as a result of a blow to the head or a penetrating head injury and can lead to a range of cognitive, emotional, and physical problems.
- Spinal cord injuries: These can occur as a result of a blow to the spine or a penetrating injury to the spinal cord and can lead to partial or complete paralysis.
- Fractures: These can occur as a result of a direct impact or from being thrown around during the accident and can occur in any bone in the body.
- Soft tissue injuries: These can include injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments and can cause pain, swelling, and limited mobility.
- Burns: These can occur as a result of a fire or explosion and can range from minor to severe.
- Internal injuries: These can occur as a result of blunt force trauma or penetration and can include injuries to organs, such as the liver, spleen, or lungs.
- Psychological injuries: These can include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety, that can be caused by the trauma of the accident.
- Whiplash: This is a common injury that occurs when the head and neck are suddenly and violently thrown forward and backward, this can cause strain or sprain of the muscles and ligaments in the neck.
Injuries can vary in severity and can range from minor to life-threatening. It’s important for anyone involved in a public transportation accident to seek medical attention as soon as possible to assess and treat any injuries.