New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Peter Michael Law is a dedicated New Jersey Motorcycle accident lawyer. We understand the unique challenges and risks motorcycle riders face on the road, and we are here to help those injured in a motorcycle accident.
Our services include:
- Free initial consultation: We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and determine the best course of action.
- Comprehensive representation: We handle all aspects of your motorcycle accident case, including investigation, negotiations, and trial, if necessary.
- Personal injury compensation: We will work to obtain compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one has been killed in a motorcycle accident, we can help you pursue a wrongful death claim.
We understand that motorcycle accidents can be devastating, leaving you with serious injuries, emotional trauma, and financial burden. That’s why we are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of legal representation and customer service. Our goal is to help you obtain the compensation you deserve and get your life back on track.
Peter Michael, the principal attorney, is an experienced and dedicated motorcycle accident lawyer who has helped many clients obtain fair compensation for their injuries. He has a proven track record of success and is committed to fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in New Jersey, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Let us help you get the compensation and closure you deserve.
What are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Collision with another vehicle often occurs when a driver of a car or truck fails to see the motorcycle and turns into its path.
- Lane splitting refers to a motorcycle rider driving between lanes of traffic, which can be dangerous if not done correctly.
- Speeding – riding at high speeds increases the risk of an accident, especially if the rider is not experienced.
- Alcohol or drug use – operating a motorcycle under the influence of alcohol or drugs can impair a rider’s ability to perform the bike safely.
- Road hazards – such as potholes, gravel, and debris, can cause a rider to lose control of their motorcycle.
- Rider errors include lack of experience, proper training, and poor judgment.
It’s important to note that most of these factors can be avoided by following traffic laws, driving sober, wearing the appropriate gear, and staying alert and aware of one’s surroundings.
How to Prevent a Motorcycle Accident?
There are several ways to prevent motorcycle accidents:
- Wearing proper gear – helmets, gloves, jackets, and other protective clothing can significantly reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accident.
- Follow traffic laws – obey speed limits, signal when turning, and always use turn signals.
- Watch out for other drivers – many accidents occur when car or truck drivers fail to see motorcycles. Always be aware of your surroundings and be prepared for other drivers to make mistakes.
- Avoid distractions – it’s crucial to stay focused while riding and to avoid using your phone or other electronic devices.
- Take a safety course – most states require a safety course for new riders, but even experienced riders can benefit from a refresher course.
- Maintain your motorcycle – regular maintenance can help ensure that your motorcycle is in good working condition, reducing the risk of an accident.
- Avoid riding under the influence – alcohol and drugs can impair your ability to ride safely, so it’s important to avoid riding if you’ve been drinking or using drugs.
- Avoid lane splitting – Lane splitting can be dangerous and is illegal in most states.
- Be weather aware – riding in inclement weather can be dangerous, so it’s best to avoid it if possible. If you do have to ride in bad weather, take extra precautions to stay safe.
Following these safety tips can reduce your risk of an accident and help ensure that you arrive at your destination safely.
Common motorcycle accident injuries in New jersey include:
- Head injuries – such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and skull fractures, which can be life-threatening and can cause permanent brain damage.
- Neck and spine injuries – such as spinal cord injuries, which can result in paralysis or mobility issues.
- Road rash – which is a type of injury caused by skin being scraped off in a fall or collision.
- Broken bones – such as fractures and dislocations, which can be very painful and require extensive healing time.
- Internal injuries – such as internal bleeding, punctured organs, and other injuries that can be caused by blunt force trauma.
- Psychological injuries – such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and emotional distress can result from a motorcycle accident.
- Amputations – in severe accidents, limbs may be amputated due to trauma or crush injuries.
- Burns – motorcycle accidents can cause severe burns that can result in permanent disfigurement.
It is important to note that the severity of injuries can vary depending on the accident’s circumstances and the motorcycle’s speed. Wearing appropriate gear, such as helmets, can help reduce the risk of injury, but it is not a guarantee.
What can a motorcycle accident attorney do for me?
Attorney Peter Michael will investigate the scene of the accident, gather evidence, and interview witnesses to determine who is liable for the accident.
- We help you file a claim – At Peter Michael Law, we will help you file a claim with the insurance company of the party responsible for the accident. We will negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- We can help you get medical treatment – Our New Jersey Firm can help you get the medical treatment you need by referring you to a qualified doctor or specialist.
- We can help you understand your legal rights – we will explain your rights and help you understand the legal process.
- Peter Michael Law can help you navigate the legal system – your attorney will represent you in court, if necessary, and will handle all the legal paperwork and procedures involved in your case.
Our Firm can help you get a fair settlement – Attorney Peter Michael will work to get the best possible compensation for you, taking into account your medical bills and lost wages and your pain, suffering, and any long-term effects of the accident.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect from a Motorcycle Accident Case?
In a motorcycle accident case, you may be entitled to various types of compensation, including:
- Medical expenses include all expenses related to your medical treatment, such as hospital bills, doctor’s visits, rehabilitation, and any future medical expenses related to the accident.
- Lost wages – if you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, including any future lost wages.
- Pain and suffering – this includes compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and other non-economic damages related to the accident.
- Property damage – if your motorcycle was damaged or destroyed in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Punitive damages – in some cases, if the person responsible for the accident acted with gross negligence or malice, you may be entitled to punitive damages, which are intended to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
It’s important to note that the amount and type of compensation you may receive will depend on the specific circumstances of your case, such as the severity of your injuries, the negligence of the other party, and the laws of the state where the accident occurred. An attorney with experience in motorcycle accident cases can advise you on the type and amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious motorcycle accident, you may feel overwhelmed trying to cover your medical bills while you recover. Attorney Peter Michael and his team are here to protect your legal rights. Insurance companies won’t be able to get away with lowball offers from him. Get the legal representation you need by contacting the New Jersey Personal Injury Law Firm at 201-500-5500.